Sunday, November 13, 2011

How can I deal with real life?

Im turning 22 soon. From about the time when I graduated high school at 18 until now i had big dreams I thought I would be having the time of my life pursuing. Instead, I stayed at the affordable state college to please parents and my pocket book. I never had the fun college experience. No dorms, no parties, just work and cl. I feel like the past 4 years ive been sleeping. There has been no enjoyment. Im not done with school yet either. 2 more years. I'm now at the age where people are telling me "well, you didnt puruse those goals. Youre too old now." Im constantly being reminded that I "should have found your husband in college." which leaves me reflecting on past boyfriends and how maybe I should have just stuck with someone and stopped being so picky. Im also reminded that "Your becoming an old maid." "The guys your age wanna date the 19 year olds. Your dating pool is getting small." I feel like i have nothing to look forward to. Just scrounging trying to find someone to marry, convincing myself to have kids before I go barren because my "prime child bearing age is ping quickly". Is this all there is to life? Find a man, have a kid, get a job? Watch my teeth decay, become cynical and wait for my demise? Maybe I need to talk to some new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment